blog

Wednesday 10 July 2013

love quotes -legends



Grief is the price we pay for love.
Queen Elizabeth II 

Love is like the measles. The older you get it, the worse the attack.
Rainer Maria Rilke 

Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding.
Diane Arbus 

I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.
Natalie Portman 

A test of a people is how it behaves toward the old. It is easy to love children. Even tyrants and dictators make a point of being fond of children. But the affection and care for the old, the incurable, the helpless are the true gold mines of a culture.
Abraham Joshua Heschel 

Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.
John le Carre 

Only the broken-hearted know the truth about love.
Mason Cooley 

Italy, and the spring and first love all together should suffice to make the gloomiest person happy.
Bertrand Russell
I believe in an Americ
a where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love.
Mitt Romney 

I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it's a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there.
Sachin Tendulkar
People everywhere love Windows.
Bill Gates 

I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh 

There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
Dwight D. Eisenhower 

It is easy to say how we love new friends, and what we think of them, but words can never trace out all the fibers that knit us to the old.
George Eliot 

The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love.
Niccolo Machiavelli 

Love is an emotion that is based on an opinion of women that is impossible for those who have had any experience with them.
H. L. Mencken
Love is not a mere impulse, it must contain truth, which is law.
Rabindranath Tagore
Ages of experience have taught humanity that the commitment of a husband and wife to love and to serve one another promotes the welfare of children and the stability of society.
Jack Kingston
You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate.
Pope John Paul II
Try as you will, you cannot annihilate that eternal relic of the human heart, love.
Victor Hugo
The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable.
Victor Hugo
I love all men who think, even those who think otherwise than myself.
Victor Hugo
We have enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.
Jonathan Swift
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
Jack Layton
You don't walk away if you love someone. You help the person.
Hillary Clinton

Friendship may, and often does, grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship.
Lord Byron 

There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw 

The two most misused words in the entire English vocabulary are love and friendship. A true friend would die for you, so when you start trying to count them on one hand, you don't need any fingers.
Larry Flynt 

My friends and family are my support system. They tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear and they are there for me in the good and bad times. Without them I have no idea where I would be and I know that their love for me is what's keeping my head above the water.
Kelly Clarkson 

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.
Benjamin Britten 

Love is not consolation. It is light.
Friedrich Nietzsche 

A woman can bring a new love to each man she loves, providing there are not too many.

 Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment